Delicious and fun to make. Form into the traditional pretzel shape or twist for a soft pretzel stick. You can also make letters!!
- Cinnamon Sugar
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- Refrigerated breadsticks (Pillsbury)
- Cookie Sheet
- Cinnamon Shaker, ziplock or small container to mix cinnamon sugar together
- Mix Cinnamon and sugar together in shaker, zip lock or small container. Mix well and pour some onto plate.
- Pull apart breadsticks into individual pieces.
- For traditional pretzel shape, roll with hands until it is about 12 inches long
- Or make fun shapes and letters with your child
- Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture on plate.
- Lay on cookie sheet forming a small U and fold ends into a heart shape crossing each other to make pretzel shape.
- For pretzel sticks, roll in cinnamon mixture and twist gently. Lay on cookie sheet
- Bake as directed on package.
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
- Cook only one sheet at a time for best results. Two sheets will not cook as fast or evenly. It should fit on one large sheet, I wasn’t sure how much it would spread so I had used two.
- Use a good cookie sheet. I used an Anolon cookie sheet and the pretzels slipped right off after baking. I also used an inexpensive Wilton cookie sheet for the last three and the cinnamon sugar that fell on the sheet burned and the pretzels were harder to remove from the sheet.
- Do not overcook or it will become hard.
This great recipe is from Teaching-Tiny-Tots.com
You can also join our Private Facebook Page here so that you are sure to NEVER miss another one of our deals!
This post may contain affiliate links