I bet most of you have seen these advertised on TV! I thought they looked fun and easy so I looked for the recipe so that I could share it with you!
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine (diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended)
- # 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 cup M&M’S® Easter colored chocolate candies
- Canned frosting or decorating gel (optional)
- 12 plastic snap-apart 3 x 2-in Easter eggs
- Clean, then coat inside of plastic eggs with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using greased hands, firmly press 1/4 cup of Rice Krispies® mixture into both halves of each plastic egg. Use fingers to make hollow center in each half. Remove from molds. Place on wax paper. Cool slightly.
- Place about 6 M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies in one half of each egg. Gently press two halves of each egg together until they stick. Cool completely.
- Decorate with frosting and additional M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies (if desired). Best if served the same day.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows. 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Recipe found at Disney Family Fun