A Tim Tebow Favorite!
As many of you know, I am a Florida Gator fan and I love Tim Tebow! So, when I stumbled upon this recipe from his mom, I just knew I had to post it and I will be giving it a try….maybe during the Sugar Bowl on Jan. 2nd! Of course, Tebow doesn’t play for the Gators anymore and the big question is….where is he going next?
- Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope Italian-style spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook and stir beef and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the sauce mix, tomato paste and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 7-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Separate biscuits; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate to form a crust. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; fill with meat mixture.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese over top. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Thanks, Taste of Home for this great recipe!
For other great recipes GO HERE