Great Gift Subscriptions for Kids
Kids are super easy to buy for. If you know their age and gender then you are pretty much good to go. There are so many cool toys and games out there that you can find one to please your kid with no problems. However if that is not your style then check out these subscriptions that kids, and their parents, will love:
· Learning Magazines – From animals to space travel to Highlights there are many magazines out there just for kids. These magazines encourage reading and learning in fun ways outside of school. Best of all kids get something sent to them in the mail! What kid doesn’t love that?
· Surprise Boxes – Another great subscription idea is surprise boxes. You tell the retailer the age and gender of the child and then each month a box full of toys, games or doodads is mailed to the child.
· Snack Boxes – Just like adults, kids love to eat too. Give your child a variety to choose from with snack boxes. Many food companies offer kid friendly subscriptions with a variety of foods and snacks for them to try. Although every one might not be a hit the child is sure to find something new to love! Try organic, allergy free, or fruit based subscriptions for picky eaters or those with health conscious parents.
· TV For Kids – Netflix and many other online movie companies have a kid-friendly version of their site that is great to sign kids up for. From Dora the Explorer to SpongeBob, there are many great cartoons for kids to watch. Educational videos are online too so even parents are happy.
· Babysitting – Give the parents a break with a subscription to a babysitter. Many sitters are happy to let you pay for a few stays ahead of time so that mom and dad can have a date night or just get a moment of peace.
These are just a few great ideas of subscriptions you can give to kids (and their parents) that they will love. See what great ideas you can come up with to make your gift memorable.
Ken holds a master’s in business leadership from Upper Iowa University and multiple bachelor degrees from Grand View College. As president of morningsidenannies.com, Ken’s focus is helping Houston-based parents find the right childcare provider for their family. When he isn’t working, he enjoys spending time with his three children and his wife.