What you need:
- clear glass ornaments
- acrylic paint
- ribbon for hanging the ornaments
To paint the ornaments:
1. Remove the plastic or metal cap from the ornament. Do this carefully so as not to bend it or tweak it. You want to put it back in later.
2. Add paint to the inside of the ornament. My kids got to choose from green, red, cream, and gold, paint colors that we already had. I just added a few blobs of each color at one time and let the kids swirl them around. A lot of mixing happened, but not enough to make the paint into mud. If you want to be more methodical, you can add one color at a time.
3. Allow the paint to dry. Mandi had the great suggestion of emptying out the extra paint. Wish I had read that before we did it the first time. Our paint sat in gloppy pools at the bottom of the ornament. It didn’t effect the beauty of it, but it did take a longer time to dry.
4. Replace the metal or plastic hanger and tie a ribbon around it for hanging.
Thanks for this great idea, Life As Mom