Here is a new take on the old game “I Spy” It’s a great quiet time activity or you can make it for a very inexpensive gift for a child in your life!
These would be great for long car rides!!
If you use things you have around the house and buy a few little trinkets on clearance, this little game will probably end up costing you around $1 each!
Here’s what you’ll need: an empty and completely dry water bottle, sand (I used the extra fine sand), a funnel, glitter, various trinkets and craft supplies that will fit through the hole of the water bottle (I got the tiny blocks and sports erasers on clearance), and an index card. Optional: hot glue gun and a scrap piece of fabric.
1. Using the funnel, let your little one help pour the sand about halfway up the bottle.
2. Add some glitter.
3. Put your trinkets in. You can use beads, pom-poms, screws, nuts, bolts, craft supplies, numbers cut out from foam sheets, etc. Let you and your child’s creativity be your guide… 🙂
4. After your items are placed inside, fill the water bottle up about 2/3 full.
5. Put the cap on and tape around it. If you have a child who is very persistent in your house like I do at mine…hot glue a piece of scrap fabric over the cap.
6. Tie a ribbon onto the cap of the bottle.
7. Make a “contents list” to tie onto the bottle. This way your little one can try to find each of the items on the list. I only added the letter blocks for Big Brother’s name because they would have taken up the whole bottle had I added them all!
8. Make a whole on the list and tie it to the ribbon on the bottle.
9. Let your little one get started. And if you’re anything like me, you’ll enjoy playing with it too! 🙂
You can also join our Private Facebook Page here so that you are sure to NEVER miss another one of our deals!
This post may contain affiliate links