These nutritious bites are easy to mass-produce and just as easy for players to pop in their mouths during halftime or whenever they need a boost.
- 1 small banana
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- Finely chopped peanuts, mini-chocolate chips, or shredded coconut for coating
- In a medium bowl, mash together the banana and the peanut butter.
- Stir in the wheat germ. Roll individual tablespoons of the mixture into balls, then roll the balls in one, or a mix, of the coatings listed above. Chill until firm. Makes 14 balls.
- Variation: For a peanut-free version, substitute sunflower-seed or soy-nut butter for the peanut butter, and omit the peanuts and chocolate chips (which can contain traces of peanut).
This great recipe idea comes from Disney Family Fun!
Be sure to join Steals and Deals for Kids on FACEBOOK and sign up to receive our DAILY EMAIL so that you never miss a deal!!
Never miss a deal!! - Follow Me On Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter - Sign Up To Receive Our Daily Email
You can also join our Private Facebook Page here so that you are sure to NEVER miss another one of our deals!
This post may contain affiliate links
Leave a Reply