Treat neighborhood birds to a snack…from a bird feeder made out of a used milk carton!
This activity is appropriate for:
kindergarten & up / 5 years & up
You will need:
- Empty milk carton
- Superbright Liquid Tempera – 1 Pint
- (Yellow, Orange, Red, and Brown Paint)
- Dish soap
- Wooden dowel or tree branch
- Fancy Pipe Stems – Class Set
- Rinse the milk carton with water. Set aside to dry.
- Have an adult help you cut out windows on each side of the carton.
- Mix your paints with a small amount of dish soap to keep them from peeling. Now, use the paint to decorate the carton. Set aside to dry.
- Poke small holes through two opposite sides of the base.
- Insert a dowel or branch into each hole to serve as a perch.
- Punch a hole in the top of the milk carton. Thread a pipe stem through the hole to use as a hanger.
- Fill the bottom of the carton with birdseed. Hang your feeder on a tree and watch the birds enjoy!
Thank you Lakeshore Learning for this great craft idea!!
Never miss a deal!! - Follow Me On Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter - Sign Up To Receive Our Daily Email
You can also join our Private Facebook Page here so that you are sure to NEVER miss another one of our deals!
This post may contain affiliate links
Leave a Reply